“We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”

Friday, December 28, 2018

The 9 in 2019

Are you like me?

Always planning more goals than can get accomplished in a year? Knowing that this is the year that is going to be the "miracle" year where all these things that have been a battle for too many years just fall into place? The year that will be perfect... the perfect start, the perfect to-dos, the perfect accomplishments, the perfect 365 days.

The reality is that there is no perfect. As a recovering perfectionist, I am always disappointed because things don't go as planned. Things don't get cleaned up perfectly, travels don't happen and money doesn't get saved.

I am changing my action plan for 2019



Photo by Edgar on Unsplash

This picture shows all the craziness of life. In the midst of all the chaos, the 9 is my focal point. In the new year, with the right focus, things can be successful.

9 goals sound achievable. 9 goals allow for the ability to switch the focus as necessary and still make progress. 9 goals sound promising. I can "succeed simply" with the number 9.



My 9 Goal Challenge for the Year


Business:
  • Complete at least two blogging/social media courses to help in building my business. (I've got several started)
  • Communicate online with people regularly minus Sundays, holidays and any "technology breaks" I take. (To build professional networks and personal connections with readers)
  • Earn $500 a month from my online presence by the end of the year. (I really want to earn $1000 a month, but I'm starting smaller to make it achievable.)


Personal:
  • Do a complete round of Declutter 365 Missions in my home (Heading towards minimalism.)
  • Start and maintain a healthy eating, exercising and self-care routine. (Because I need to be fit.)
  • Use my bullet journal/planner for an entire year. (Will organize my entire life if I use it the way it's meant to be used.)


Spiritual:
  • Listen to the entire Bible in a year in addition to my current daily devotions. (I always start and never finish.)
  • Use my War Binder 3-4 times a week. (Prayer and Bible Study are the keys to winning the war.)
  • Do a Personal Retreat time weekly. (I did this a couple years ago and it was inspiring.)

*Yes! These are big goals. I plan on doing baby goals each month. Check back in January for them.*


My 9 Goal Challenge for the Day


There are days that are great and productive with a ton of things getting done. These are amazing, fantastic, energizing days.

There are other days that are tough with physical or mental issues that cause the couch to be extra appealing. Unfortunately, these days are the ones that seem to be abundant. These are the days were the number 9 will be the saving grace. These days may be a 9 hour day of driving my children around, or it might be doing 2 loads of laundry, 2 loads of dishes, preparing 3 meals, homeschool and the decluttering challenge. It could also include a day of 9 office tasks or 9 phone calls/emails from the couch, because sometimes that is simply all that can get done.



Bonus Challenge: The 9 Book Challenge


After talking to my oldest daughter about her new year's goals, I challenged her to read 9 specific books. She reads a lot of stuff during the year, but those things are books her siblings want to her to read, magazines, text books, study books for groups, or quick simple reads in between her important tasks. She hasn't read much to supplement her needs, growth and interests

3 Business
3 Spiritual
3 Just for Fun
---------------------
9 Books



It's Your Turn

What 9 goals are you going to set? What 9 books are you going to read? Or do you have a different number for the year? Throughout the year, I will post updates on my progress. Share your goals in the comments of the posts and we can keep each other accountable. Make 9 your number!

Here's to an amazing 2019!

No comments:

Post a Comment