“We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”

Friday, December 14, 2018

New Year, New Reading Challenges (Personal Style)

As I stated in my previous post, I am huge into challenges. In past years, I have halfheartedly tried reading challenges, with little success. I say I'm going to do it, but I don't take the time I need to read. For this new year, I am making it a priority in both personal and home school life. I'm posting them publicly so I can share my accomplishments and failures, throughout the year, with all of you. I plan to post results periodically so you can see what we are reading.

My Past Failures:

4. I didn't set aside a quiet reading time each day for my children and myself.
3. I didn't visit the library enough to get the books I wanted to read. 
2. I always tried to read too many books in each challenge.
and the top reason:
1. I didn't make it a priority in my life.

Changing Them to Successes:

I must succeed so I will plan a trip to the library ever 2 weeks, schedule a reading time 3-4 days out of the week and I will make it a priority to complete at one book a week. For the most part, I have limited the challenges to ones that will overlap slightly or only require a small number of books read to successfully complete them. There are a couple that are truly important to me and I feel I need to stretch myself even if they are hard. 
***My first goals for 2019!***

THE EVERYTHING CHALLENGES:

1. Learn Something New 2019 by SMS Nonfiction Book Reviews
#LSNreadingchallenge

2. Creativity Reading Challenge by Whatever I Think Of!

3. Royal Reading Challenge by She's Got Books on Her Mind

4. Library Love Challenge by Angel's Guilty Pleasures
#LibraryLoveChallenge

5. For the Love of E-books Challenge by As Told by Tina
#ForTheLoveofEBooks19

BONUS: The Ragdoll Reading Challenge (Light Edition) by Ragdoll Reads

THE CHRISTIAN CHALLENGES:

1. Cloud of Witnesses by Operation Actually Read Bible

2. The 2019 Christian Reading Challenge by Visual Theology
#vtReadingChallenge

3. 2019 Reading Challenge for Women by Young Wife's Guide


I will be linking more details about each challenge and my progress during the year, so be sure to check in on me to make sure I'm reading.

What are your personal reading challenges and goals for 2019? Share in the comments so we can encourage each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment